TYPO3 is a free and open source web content management framework based on PHP. The aim of this blog is to get a version up and running in a Windows / XAMPP environment.
* XAMPP 3.1.0
* PHP 5.4.7
* Windows 7
* download TYPO3 package TYPO3 CMS 6.2
* extract file typo3_src-6.2.4(1).tar.gz for example with 7-Zip (extract twice)
* create directory “typo” in xampp/htdocs
* set the vhost file and httpd-vhosts.conf, set document root => DocumentRoot “C:/xampp/htdocs/typo3/public”
* restart Apache from XAMPP control panel
* create folder “public”
* Copy typo3 files to xampp/htdocs/typo3
* open typo3.localhost in browser
* this page redirects to install page, follow instructions
* The FIRST_INSTALL file mentioned in the instructions is placed in the public folder
* in the “System environment check” the OpenSsl section may be problematic, the error “PHP OpenSSL extension not working” can be displayed even if the openssl extension is uncommented in the php.ini. The “Windows Apache thread stack size” error in this environment may also persist. Continue regardless.
* create database and enter database credentials, add admin credentials
* OpenSsl may present a problem. The control panel may seem to load forever (500 error on an Ajax call). Solution: set ‘loginSecurityLevel’ => ‘normal’, in C:\xampp\htdocs\typo3\public\typo3conf (set in two places)
* at the end of the installation click “open the backend” and do NOT select the “collect templates” option
* place ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL file in the typ3Conf folder to continue the installation process (The Install Tool is locked)
* continue logging on to the install tool and view the System environment check
* open the backend in the browser with url typo3.localhost/typo3
* open website with typo3.localhost
* An error appears “No pages are found on the rootlevel!”. Reason: not a single page has been set yet
* in the backend create a page. Make sure the page is enabled.
* New error message “No TypoScript template found!”
* in the backend create a template.
* the index page now displays “hello world”? The reason: the typoscript for the default template just generated contains three lines for the rendering of “hello world”
The Xdebug function call count is 5483.